Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Heart of The Home


Something about this website and this very creative and talented lady is so inspiring and comforting that I keep going back to her site (especially the shopping section!) every time I am looking for some TLC.

http://www.susanbranch.com

I first read one of her books when my sister gifted it to me as a cheer up gift. I had just moved into my first apartment all by myself in a new city and Susan's book was just what I needed. I spent hours curled up on my sofa with a big mug of hot chocolate and her book. Her art, font (that's actually her handwriting!) and the things she says in her books just bring this instant feeling of comfort and peace and to this day I love reading all her books over and over again- I think I have every single one of her books though it was really hard to get hold of them here in India!

Her calendars are awesome as well- every year I get one and the first thing I do is quickly flip to my birthday month- October and see what she's written and painted for that one!! Check out the other stuff the website has to offer esp. the 'What's Cooking' section if you like some hearty, homely food. And her website is aptly titled- Heart of the Home! Very cozy and charming! We love you, Susan! Thank you for reminding us that love, warmth and a little creativity goes a long way in making happy homes and a much happier world!

2 comments:

Musings of a Mom said...

Found your blog on Facebook. As a long-time fan of Susan Branch, I joined the Susan Branch "Friends of Susan Branch" on FB and someone had twittered your blog on her status. Anyway, I've enjoyed what I've read so far and look forward to looking deeper when I have time to sit.

Bathroom Singer said...

@Musing of a Mom- thanks for reading my blog! In fact, yours was my first reader comment :) yayy! I've been a long-time fan of Susan as well and am truly amazed at the power of twitter, blogger, fb that we can actually interact with Susan and each other! You have some great pictures on your blog and the one of your children is beautiful- God bless!